Horse Ride Out - Saturday, August 22
There is a county-wide ride out at the Delaware County Fairgrounds Horse Arena at 6 PM, Saturday, August 22. Click the flyer for detals.
Careers in Fashion 4-H Spin Club
Are you interested in the fashion industry? This short term special interest club is geared for MS and HS students.
Dates: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from August 17 to August 31
Time: 4-5:15 PM.
Location: VIRTUALLY from your home through Zoom. Event link will be sent after registration.
Cost: FREE!! Minimal supplies required. You will need a device with microphone and camera for Zoom.
Activity pdf sheets can be printed or viewed on your device.
Register: https://go.osu.edu/fashiondesignspin by August 14th
Contact information: Laryssa Hook, 4-H Extension Educator, email@example.com
Parents/guardians are responsible for maintaining care, custody, and control of their minor(s) and are responsible for monitoring the activities their child is participating in. If you have a disability and have questions about accessibility or wish modations, please contact Laryssa Hook, firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-833-2030.
Clothing & quilting Sewing Help
Tips to Start Your Sewing Project and Resources to Create Your Own Sewing Resource Notebook - from Donna Morton, Master Clothing Educator, Delaware County
Do you need help with your project? Help is available the following dates.
Saturdays: July 11, July 25 and August 1 (tentative); Sessions are either 11 AM to 1 PM or 2 to 4 PM
Wedensdays: July 15, 29 and August 13 (tentative): Sessions are either 2 to 4 PM or 5 to 7 PM
Sign up prior to attending is required at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0448AEAD292-4hclothing. There is a limit is 5 4-H members at a session. If you cannot use Sign Up Genius, please email Laryssa Hook at email@example.com to register. If no one is signed up by two days prior to the session, it will be cancelled.
We expect face masks will be properly worn during the 4-H meeting. Social distancing must be maintained and face masks are expected to be worn. Members and/or family members cannot attend the meeting if they or anyone living their household is experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Physical distancing will be practiced by maintaining a six-foot distance between people. No snacks will be provided. You are permitted to bring your own if needed, but cannot share them.
Food & Nutrition Project Information
The revised guidelines for 2020 Food & Nutrition Projects are now available.
- Bring your completed project book—it is a large part of the judging and you will automatically receive a B grade if you don’t have it with you!
- Bring your completed “adjusted” portfolio. This will be left as your fair exhibit and to secure your premium.
- NO food will be required at judging
- NO place setting will be required at judging
- NO written test, BUT the judge will ask the same 2 questions of everyone within the same project that will be part of knowledge of project on the rubric.
- The judging rubric will be the same one used for all other 4-H non-livestock projects this year:
*Knowledge of project 30 points
*Project Book 30 points
*Project Display (portfolio) 30 points
*Communication/Personal Qualities 10 points
- An “A” grade will qualify the 4-Her for Baked Goods Auction, which we are planning on holding! Details are still being determined so we don’t know the dates, times, format etc. for but we look forward to sharing those with you as soon as possible. The 6 categories include: Yeast Bread (Jr or Sr); Fruit Pies (Jr or Sr); Decorated Cookies (Jr or Sr); Decorated Cake Donuts (Jr or Sr); Iced Cakes (Sr only); and Brownies (Jr only).
- We are also holding our Best Dressed Table Contest! Please encourage any 4-Her to participate! Details for date, time, etc. are still being determined but the 3 categories include: Spring Fling Lunch, Roaring 20’s; Glamping Camping.
- Project awards are still being determined and will be announced at a later point.
Amended Portfolio for 2020:
Since there is no summer judging or no Ohio State Fair, we have amended the Foods & Nutrition portfolio to be 4 pages for ALL projects for this year only and will serve as the project display for the 4-Her to receive their premium. All 2020 portfolios will be ONLY Four (4) 8.5” x 11” pages, one-sided ONLY and in a 3-prong, flat folder.
- 1st page FAVORITE ACTIVITY: What was your favorite activity and why? What did you learn from this that will help you in the future? Pictures, drawings or charts are encouraged but optional. This page can be neatly handwritten or typed by the 4-Her.
- 2nd page FAVORITE RECIPE: What was your favorite recipe that you made as part of this project that you would have brought to a “normal” judging? Did you make any changes and, if so, why? What was the most challenging part of the recipe? Please include at least one picture of the food item you prepared. This can also be neatly handwritten or typed by the 4-Her.
- 3rd page MENU PLANNING: Write a days menu that includes your favorite recipe from the 2nd page and follows your “My Plate” Guidelines. Neatly handwritten or typed.
- 4th page PLACE SETTING: Share a picture of a proper place setting that you would have used for a regular judging for the favorite recipe OR for any family meal.
QUESTIONS?: Please feel free to contact: Carla Moore, 614-432-2420 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
4-H Horse Ride-Outs - ON HOLD FOR 2020
Every Delaware County 4-H member with a Horse Project is invited to attend the Open Ride-Outs scheduled during the summer, TBD. This does NOT replace help from your club advisor, but is meant to help anyone wishing to ride with a group, get to know folks from other clubs, experience riding in the “big arena”, or get additional time with your horses.
Dates: TBD for 2020
Location: Delaware County Fairgrounds Arena
Details: On the back side
Updates/Cancellations: Via Remind @open4 (to Join Remind text the message @open4 to 81010)
Contact information: Renea Boyer, 740-513-7158 or Mike Kiehl, 614-554-1739
4-H Committee Needs Volunteers
The 4-H Committee will have a new structure and we need people to join the committee or a sub-committee. There are five sub-committees: Alumni, Fundraising, Fiscal/Fund Development, Recognition and Awards, Governance/Committee Development. If you know someone that might have an interest in 4-H, please contact Laryssa. More details are on the flyer at the link below.