2020 Quality Assurance Opportunities
(Please contact the county before attending any Quality Assurance Session that is not your own county for possible changes.)
*The QA clinic on June 6 is after the deadline for the Hartford fair and will not meet the requirement for exhibitors.
Quality Assurance Test
Email or call to schedule a convenient time for you! No tests will be administered after July 1st. The Quality Assurance test is offered for youth 4-H ages 12 years and older who have previously completed Quality Assurance programming. Participants must pass by at least 70%. Participants can receive QA credit for multiple years, depending on their age. The test may be taken once each year, and participants who do not pass will be required to complete a Quality Assurance program to receive QA credit.
Nearby Quality Assurance Training Dates:
COUNTY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Knox County, 740-397-0401
Licking County, 740-670-5315
Marion County, 740-223-4040
Union County, 937-644-8117
Quality Assurance 2020 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Who must attend Quality Assurance? All 4-H and FFA members taking Market Beef, Market Swine, Market Lambs, Market Rabbits, Market Poultry, Goats (including Pygmy and Pack goats) and Dairy Cattle MUST attend a Quality Assurance program in order to exhibit at the Delaware County or Ohio State Fair. Completing the quality assurance requirement each year is mandatory by state law for junior exhibitors.
- When is the Quality Assurance attendance deadline? Ohio Department of Agriculture requires exhibitors to have participated or tested out of a Quality Assurance program within 45 day prior to the opening day of the exhibition. For Ohio State Fair this deadline is JUNE 13. For the Delaware County Fair this deadline is AUGUST 10.
- Does it matter which Quality Assurance I attend? There are 5 QA programs offered in Delaware County this year. The Poultry clinic will focus on poultry but will count for Quality Assurance credit for anyone. Credit will be given for QA attendance regardless of which program you attend.
- What if I arrive at a Quality Assurance program late? It is important for each 4-H or FFA member to receive all the training in order to meet Ohio Department of Agriculture requirements. Anyone arriving more than 10 minutes late will not receive credit for attending the QA session.
- What happens if I am unable to attend any of the Delaware County Quality Assurance programs? If you have a conflict with each of the listed Quality Assurance options on the reverse of this sheet, you may contact the Extension office to learn phone numbers or dates for QA programs in other counties. If you know you will have conflicts with the Delaware County dates, call as soon as possible because many counties have earlier QA dates. New this year, for members 12 and older, an online session can be taken. YQCA online version is the only type of online QA accepted in the state of Ohio.
- What about the Hartford Fair? Exhibitors at the Hartford fair taking any market or breeding projects (including breeding rabbits) must attend a Quality Assurance program before June 1. Call the Licking Co. Extension office with questions. The QA clinic on June 6 is after the deadline for the Hartford fair and will not meet the requirement for exhibitors.
- Can I Test Out of Quality Assurance? Yes! Delaware County offers opportunities for youth to test out of their Quality Assurance. Youth ages 12 and above who have completed a Quality Assurance program in previous years may take a Quality Assurance test to see how well they know the material. Youth passing the test may potentially fulfill their QA requirement for multiple years, depending on their age. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Extension office to schedule a time to take the test or if you have additional questions (740-833-2039). Tests will NOT be scheduled after July 1st!
- If I attended the carcass contest after the 2019 fair do I need to attend a QA session this year? No. A QA training was offered to all who attended the carcass contest last year. QA training is good for one year, which includes the 2020 Delaware County Fair and the Hartford Fair. The credit for attending this training will appear in your 4Honline profile by the end of April.