Types of 4-H Volunteer Positions
Several types of 4-H volunteer opportunities are available to adults who want to devote their time and talents to the program. Click on each position to view a job description.
- 4-H Club Project/Activity Advisor - These volunteers help in traditional community clubs with projects and/or club activities
- Club Cloverbud Advisor - These volunteers lead the Cloverbud programming in traditional community clubs
- 4-H Organizational Advisor - These are the volunteers that lead and organize our community clubs.
- Program Volunteer - These volunteers serve at the county level with SPIN clubs, specific project committees, or County 4-H Advisory Committee.
- Committee options are: Dog Committee; Goat Committee; Horse Committee; Rabbit, Poultry & Small Animal Committee, 4-H Family & Consumer Science Committee, and County 4-H Committee. Note: The Beef Show Committee, Pig & Lamb Committee and the Sale Committee are committees that are under the Delaware County Fair. Contact Bev Tidd, Jr. Fair Coordinator, for more information about these.
Before you can assist as a 4-H volunteer, you must complete the application steps listed below.
- Read the letter to potential 4-H Volunteers - Cover Letter
- Read the position description (listed above) for the type of volunteer position you are seeking.
- Sumbit an Online Application at Delaware County 4-H Volunteer Application
- Enroll in 4HOnline as an adult volunteer - Instruction Resources
- Obtain a Web Background Check. You must print and take this form with you to get your background check. If you have had a BCI within the last 11 months for the reason of care of children, you can request that BCI send a copy of the report with this REQUEST FORM. Cost for sending a copy is $8.
- Schedule an Interview. Sign up for an interview appointment at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0448AEAD292-new4h.
- Complete two online trainings in Scarlet Canvas: Ohio 4-H New Volunteer Orientation and Activities and Programs with Minor Participants Policy 1.50 Training - Scarlet Canvas Instructions
- Attend a Delaware County New Volunteer Orientation Meeting (through Zoom)
- 7 PM, Thursday, March 18, or
- 7 PM, Wednesday, April 21
- Zoom link will be sent to all new volunteer applicants about one week prior to the meeting.
If you have questions about the volunteer screening process, please call us at 740-833-2030.