Types of 4-H Volunteer Positions
Several types of 4-H volunteer opportunities are available to adults who want to devote their time and talents to the program. Click on each position to view a job description.
- 4-H Club Project/Activity Advisor - These volunteers help in traditional community clubs with projects and/or club activities
- Club Cloverbud Advisor - These volunteers lead the Cloverbud programming in traditional community clubs
- 4-H Organizational Advisor - These are the volunteers that lead and organize our community clubs.
- 4-H County Level Committee Member - These volunteers serve at the county level with SPIN clubs, specific project committees, or County 4-H Advisory Committee.
- Committee options are: Dog Committee; Goat Committee; Horse Committee; Rabbit, Poultry & Small Animal Committee, 4-H Family & Consumer Science Committee, and County 4-H Committee. Note: The Beef Show Committee, Dairy Committee, Pig & Lamb Committee and the Sale Committee are committees that are under the Delaware County Fair. Contact Katie Vanhoose, Jr. Fair Coordinator, for more information about these.
Before you can assist as a 4-H volunteer, you must complete the tasks listed below.
- Read the letter to potential 4-H Volunteers - Cover Letter
- Review the position description (listed above) for the type of volunteer position you are seeking.
- Submit a 4-H Volunteer Application to the Delaware County Extension Office
- Enroll in 4HOnline as an adult volunteer. Resources to help you use the 4HOnline database are at Instruction Resources
After completing the application phase of the process, we will contact you about completing a BCI and scheduling an interview. We will email you the form you must use after we have received both your application and you have enrolled in 4HOnline.
New Volunteer Orientation
Once you have begun the application phase of the process, you must attend New Volunteer Orientation and Youth Activities & Programs Policy training.
New volunteers must attend ONE of the meetings listed below. You do not need to pre-register for the class. All meetings are held 6:30 – 9:00 PM at the Byxbe Offices, 1610 State Route 521, Delaware.
- Tuesday, January 30
- Wednesday, March 6
- Thursday, April 18
If you have questions about the volunteer screening process, please call us at 740-833-2030.