Types of 4-H Volunteer Positions
Several types of 4-H volunteer opportunities are available to adults who want to devote their time and talents to the program. Click on each position to view a job description.
- 4-H Club Project/Activity Advisor - These volunteers help in traditional community clubs with projects and/or club activities
- Club Cloverbud Advisor - These volunteers lead the Cloverbud programming in traditional community clubs
- 4-H Organizational Advisor - These are the volunteers that lead and organize our community clubs.
- 4-H County Level Committee Member - These volunteers serve at the county level with SPIN clubs, specific project committees, or County 4-H Advisory Committee.
- Committee options are: Dog Committee; Goat Committee; Horse Committee; Rabbit, Poultry & Small Animal Committee, 4-H Family & Consumer Science Committee, and County 4-H Committee. Note: The Beef Show Committee, Dairy Committee, Pig & Lamb Committee and the Sale Committee are committees that are under the Delaware County Fair. Contact Bev Tidd, Jr. Fair Coordinator, for more information about these.
Before you can assist as a 4-H volunteer, you must complete the application steps listed below.
- Read the letter to potential 4-H Volunteers - Cover Letter
- Read the position description (listed above) for the type of volunteer position you are seeking.
- Sumbit a 4-H Volunteer Application to the Delaware County Extension Office
- Enroll in 4HOnline as an adult volunteer.
- If you already have a 4HOnline account, follow these instructions to add your adult profile to your family - Instruction Resources
- If your family is new to 4-H, create a 4HOnline account and then create your adult profile in the system -
After completing the above steps, we will contact you about completing a BCI and scheduling an interview. We will email you the form you must use after we have received both your application and you have enrolled in 4HOnline.
Attend one of the New Volunteer Orientation and Protecting Youth Trainings list below.
Tuesday, March 8, 6:30-9 PM, OSU Extension Basement Meeting Room
Wednesday, April 20, 12:30-3 PM, OSU Extension Basement Meeting Room
Wednesday, April 20, 6:30-9 PM, OSU Extension Basement Meeting Room
Monday, May 23, 6:30-9 PM, OSU Extension Basement Meeting Room
If you have questions about the volunteer screening process, please call us at 740-833-2030.