Types of 4-H Volunteer Positions
Several types of 4-H volunteer opportunities are available to adults who want to devote their time and talents to the program. Click on each position to view a job description.
- 4-H Club Advisor - These volunteers help in traditional community clubs with projects and/or club activities
- Cloverbud Advisor - These volunteers lead the Cloverbud programming in traditional community clubs
- 4-H Organizational Advisor - These are the volunteers that lead and organize our community clubs.
- Committee Volunteer - These volunteers serve on specific project committees or on the County 4-H Committee. Committee options are: Dog Committee; Goat Committee; Horse Committee; Rabbit, Poultry & Small Animal Committee, 4-H Home Economics Advisory Group, and County 4-H Committee. (Note: The Beef Show Committee, Pig & Lamb Committee and the Sale Committee are committees that are under the Delaware County Fair. Contact Bev Tidd, Jr. Fair Coordinator, for more information about these.)
Before you can assist as a 4-H volunteer, you must complete an application process. Below are the forms and steps to the application process. You may download the forms or contact the Extension office to be mailed the application packet.
- Cover letter - includes the dates for New Volunteer Orientation meeting
- Position description (review the positon descriptions listed above)
- Application PDF version or Fillable PDF version
- Standards of Behavior - Sign and submit with the application
- Complete the 2018 Volunteer Enrollment Form
- Provide the complete addresses and contact information for 3 references (on the application)
- Web background check - take this form with you to get your background check
- Interview (call the Extension office to set up an appointment)
- New Volunteer Orientation meeting (see cover letter for dates and times)
If you have questions about the volunteer screening process, please call us at 740-833-2030.